Weight loss may not always be fast and easy, but here is something that can be—mealtime.
At home or on-the-go, here are some fast and easy breakfast ideas.
No matter how you slice it, breakfast, for me, is often puzzling.
Even though meals are best eaten slow, sometimes on-the-go meals are a must. But these fast and easy meals don't have to be eaten fast....just prepared ahead for those days that don't seem to leave enough time for breakfast at all, let alone healthy.
I have found that the best way to stay on-track is to prepare ahead.
These 1/4-cup size, snap-top containers are great for measure-ahead, on-the-go meals. Perfect for sides or salad dressing–it also holds exactly 2 Tablespoons.
Package and measure ahead and it's breakfast in the bag.
Try one of these breakfast ideas:
- 1/4 cup of egg salad and 1/4 of a bagel. Homemade or purchased already made, egg salad is a great go-to food
- 2 ounces roast beef, a little cream cheese, and 1/4 of a bagel
- 1 sliced boiled egg on 1/2 slice Pepperidge Farm light bread
- 1 snack-size container of cottage cheese and 1/2 a banana
- 1 rotisserie chicken drumstick and a dinner roll
- 1/2 ham sandwich with light mayo and shredded cucumber (assemble cucumber just before eating or the bread will be soggy)
- 2 ounces of deli turkey wrapped around a "real" cheese stick, and a sliced apple
- 1 slice of "real" cheese toast, a few carrot sticks. Caution: just a few raw carrots can be sweet and satisfying, but be careful, I learned the hard way that too many raw veggies don't go well with a tiny stomach.
- 1 sliced apple and a low-sugar, high protein yogurt
Think out-side the box. Breakfast doesn't always have to be sausage or bacon—think chicken, ham, turkey or roast beef.
The key to fast and easy meals includes planning and measuring ahead for quick grab-and-go meals.